Not the kind you smoke, but rather Power Of Two. OpenGL has to have textures as Power Of Two. That means valid sizes are as follows:
Of couse you can have any size image, but once you turn it into a usable texture it's expanded to the nearest POT. Worst case scenario you have a texture that's 513x513, and you've just wasted 785,407 pixels (or 74.9%) worth of memory. If you can, try and make sure you get as close under one of those values as possible, or better yet create a sprite sheet.
From Chris Kempt's Blog
- ► 2014 (11)
- How to start a bar fight?
- Bar Fight Live - v.0.1.0 Changelog
- The Getaway live on the App Store!
- Bar Fight Live on the App Store!
- Where Do I Begin: Make an iOS Game
- This Week's Press Roundup
- Live Development, Crowd-Sourced, Crowd-Funded - Wo...
- Stunt Guy now on Facebook
- Magnetic Man
- Flash Dead? - 5 million iOS Installs for New KartF...
- Joanna Lumley Makes Us Taller
- Bar Fight start page art work
- ▼ July (13)
- ► 2011 (31)
- ► 2010 (19)
- ► 2009 (33)