Things to remember when designing your game:
- The best/most successful games are often based on very simple ideas/principles.
- Find a unique “take” which will help to make it stand out from the crowd.
- Your audience are looking for a snack, not a meal, cater accordingly.
- Make sure any important messages are clearly communicated within the first 3-5 mins.
- Only 10% of your audience are actually good at games, build your game for the 90% that aren't!
- Reward failure almost as much as success.